EVIDENCE-BASED ENERGY GEL FOR PHYSICAL AND MENTAL POWER OUTPUT
Designed as a world-leading, whole body energy source, our innovative Beta Fuel Dual Source Energy Gel + Nootropics combines a new ratio of carbohydrate with Cognizin® Citicoline to improve both your physical and mental performance.
Part of an entire fuelling solution range that includes drinks and chew bars, our Beta Fuel Dual Source Energy Gel + Nootropics is optimised with a brand new 1:0.8 ratio of 40g carbohydrate to enhance your mental and physical power output, increase your body's carbohydrate usage efficiency, and limit gastrointestinal discomfort to deliver a scientifically superior fuel.
WHAT ARE NOOTROPICS?
Nootropics are supplements that can improve or maintain peak cognitive performance such as attention, focus, creativity, motivation, memory and so on. We've combined our innovative Beta Fuel Energy Gel with nootropics to offer endurance athletes a complete energy source for both body and mind because you need peak mental function when the demands are most physical.
WHY YOU SHOULD USE BETA FUEL DUAL SOURCE ENERGY GEL + NOOTROPICS
As an endurance athlete (your events typically last more than two hours) you need to take in between 80-120g of carbohydrate per hour. The Science in Sport Beta Fuel Dual Source Energy Gel + Nootropics delivers an optimised 40g of carbohydrate in a single, convenient isotonic fuelling solution with minimal GI discomfort. While the carbohydrates will maintain optimum physical power output, the nootropics will ensure you maintain mental performance.
NEW 1:0.8 RATIO REPLACES 2:1 RATIO
- A 1:0.8 ratio of maltodextrin to fructose increases the percentage of ingested carbohydrate that is oxidized (known as efficiency) from 62% to 74% when compared with a ratio of 2:1
- A 1:0.8 ratio of maltodextrin to fructose reduces self-reported symptoms of stomach fullness when compared with a ratio of 2:1
ADDITION OF COGNITIVE ENHANCERS
THE SCIENCE BEHIND BETA FUEL HAS EVOLVED
- 250mg Cognizin® Citicoline for improved cognitive function
- 200mg caffeine, 1g Taurine and 200mg Theanine
Through our Performance Solutions team, we've worked closely with elite athletes in the research and development of the new Beta Fuel range to bring you a scientifically superior fuel in a range of formats that allow you to use +17% more carbohydrate (O’Brien et al, 2013).
- A ratio of 1:0.8 enhances exogenous CHO oxidation compared with 2:1 ratio by 17% (O’Brien et al) and 10% (O’Brien et al)
- A ratio of 1:0.8 enhances mean power output during 10 maximal sprint efforts by 3% compared with 2:1 ratio (O’Brien et al)
- A ratio of 1:0.8 increases % of ingested CHO that was oxidised (efficiency) from 62% (2:1) to 74% (1:0.8) (O’Brien et al)
- A ratio of 1:0.8 reduces symptoms of stomach fullness and nausea when compared with a ratio of 2:1 (O’Brien et al)