Columbian Bocadillios made from Guava Paste individually wrapped in a natural and biodegradable dried leaf.
Lucho Dillitos bocadillo are the natural, tasty alternative to modern sports nutrition!
Bocadillo are Colombia’s original energy bar. For generations Colombian cyclists have been adding 1 or 2 bocadillo into their jersey pockets before they go for a ride. Now, thanks to Lucho Dillitos, you too can experience the great taste of this natural energy source.
A Bar and Gel rolled into one, bocadillos are solid blocks of delicious guava paste that are dry to the touch but melt in your mouth. Made from only 2 natural ingredients there are no added flavourings, additives, or preservatives. Even the individual wrappers are natural, a dried leaf!
The main ingredient of a bocadillo is guava. Considered by many a super-fruit and packed with vitamins and minerals as well as being a great natural source of energy.
Lucho Dillitos are enjoyed by all types of athletes who need an energy boost!!
Every Lucho Dillitos is bursting with natural guava goodness.
- Excellent source of antioxidant vitamin-C. 100g fresh fruit provides 228mg of this vitamin, more than three times the required daily-recommended intake (and 4 times more than an orange).
- Rich in Vitamin-A, and flavonoids like beta-carotene, lycopene, lutein and cryptoxanthin. The compounds are known to have antioxidant properties.
- A very rich source of soluble dietary fiber (5.4g per 100g of fruit, about 14% of DRA).
- A very rich source of potassium. It contains more potassium than other fruits like banana, weight per weight. Potassium is an important component of cell and body fluids that helps controlling heart rate and blood pressure.
- A moderate source of B-complex vitamins such as pantothenic acid, niacin, vitamin-B6 (pyridoxine), vitamin E and K, as well as minerals like magnesium, copper, and manganese.
Some FAQ about Lucho Dillitos Bars
Is it suitable for vegetarians or vegans?Yes they are. Our range of 3 flavours of bocadillo's only have 4 ingredients, guava and sugar are in all of them and the with raspberry also has raspberry and with coffee also has coffee.
Do I eat the leaf?We wouldn't recommend it!, but it is unlikely to cause you any harm.
Will they melt in my pocket?Lucho Dilitos used Hong Kong as the test market, with temperatures over 30ºC and 90% humidity. Even if the leaf wrapper gets a bit wet ;the Bocadillo will remain intact.
How long do they last?Lucho Dillitos are essentially a preserve, like jam. They do not go off under normal storage conditions. They put a year from manufacture as the sell by date, the date is on the label on the box, but they are edible past this time. As they get older they will slowly get harder and start to dry out. To maximise freshness and keep your bocadillo as soft as possible we recommend storing them in an airtight container.
How do you use Bocadillo Guava Energy Bar?
With 34g of carbohydrate per bar we recommend 1 -2 bars per hour of activity if used alone.